Thursday, January 5, 2017

LOVE ~ Word


Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease;
as for knowledge it will pass away.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 ESV

Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up.
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
Charity never faileth; but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 KJV

From Commentary: Doing good to others will do none to us, if it be not done from love to God, and good-will to men. If we give away all we have, while we withhold the heart from God, it will not profit. Nor even the most painful sufferings. How are those deluded who look for acceptance and reward for their good works, which are as scanty and defective as they are corrupt and selfish!

We all know love in one form or another. Love of family, love of an animal; first love and even passionate love. Such a warm and wonderful feeling when love is present. When Jesus left us with that word in the New Testament as what he added in 'Love One Another'; how profound and knowledgeable to use that one added commandment. How else could you say it. Love covers all. With Love in a heart; truly loving something, there is no way there could be evil present.

St. Matthew 22: 37-40 KJV
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it. Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and prophets.

Over the past couple of years, I have chosen a Word for the Year. This year, my word is Love. Just a personal trait, but sometimes being an introvert, I feel that I don't put myself out there and show love. I do love, it's just that I sometimes forget to follow up with people and extend a gentle feeling. Over life, it seems that I developed the thought that people understood how I felt. Not so. Love needs to be expressed and shown. My 2017 word is to develop that more freely in my actions and words when interacting with others.



The words I chose over the past couple of years were Joy and last year, it was Renew.
Word for year 2015 ~ JOY


Word for year 2016 ~ Renew






If you have chosen a word for 2017, I'd love to have you leave a comment and share your word.

~hugs 'n giggles 'n scribbles~

Peabea

'If you have LOVE ~ all will fall into place' pb









3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/01/church-of-primacy-of-peter.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment on introverts and expressing feelings is spot on and something I need to work on.
    I met with someone yesterday just to get to know them and about their third sentence was 'I am an introvert'. Needless to say an hour and half later we were still talking and talking and talking. Do you relate? A favorite statement: 'I don't care for small talk...but I'll talk about life for hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gayle for your input and comment. For years, I had no clue as to why I wasn't as sociable in a crowd as my sisters. After reading a book about introverts, it became clear that I wasn't as strange as my sisters claim. haha They are just more extrovert or mixed than I am. It helped to know why I actually get a headache if conversations of small talk seem to go on forever in a crowd situation. I can do small talk, but yes, if an interesting subject, I can talk for hours. One part of the book explained exactly how I feel when being married to an extrovert is sometimes exhausting as he never understood my need to cut social events short and he could go for hours just visiting away. I did actually recognize myself in the need to plan ahead exactly how long I thought I could attend before wanting to get out. There are times that I do have an extrovert side, but not exactly sure when or why. As for the hubby extrovert part, after reading that book, it so helped me to understand why he needs the social interaction. I only wish I'd understood these two traits years earlier. Might have made life somewhat easier.

      Delete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)